lunedì 25 maggio 2009

Updates, NOR and NAND flash support.

Modifications on mx3fb driver are not to be accepted because of the maintainer won't add machine specific code in that file.. Nevermind, I keep the patch in my hand waiting for another solution :)

In those days I worked on NOR & NAND flash support:
NOR flash device is mounted on the CPU credit card and it works well with physmap mapping driver.
NAND flash device is mounted on the motherboard and supporting it was a bit harder:
In tree there is a NAND flash driver for MXC architecture mxc_nand.c derived from original freescale driver and corrected over coding style and kernel way of doing by Sascha Hauer . Unfortunately this driver do not support flash devices with large page size (2kB wide, over 512 B of small page size devices) and upgrading it was over my capability..
The solution came from a graceful guy called Vladimir Barinov from linux-mtd list where I posted the problem. He gave me the right patch that merged with my work make the NAND flash device working!

So now I can store data in all memory devices mounted on the board! Great!

Alberto!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento